The first archangel we are getting to know in this series, Getting to Know the Archangels, is the Archangel Sandalphon. And what an amazing angel he is!
*This post contains affiliate links. Click here to learn more.
Did you know that all but two of the archangel’s names end in –el?
The suffix -el means of God, which just makes sense being the archangels are, in fact, the messengers of God, creations of God, and deliverers of the gifts of love and service to us that are of God.
But our first archangel in this series is one of the two exceptions to this naming rule, both of whom have names that end in –on.
Archangel Sandalphon and Archangel Metatron, the two archangels with differing names from the other archangels, are believed to have been human prophets of God here on the earth (Elijah and Enoch, respectively) before ascending into Heaven and becoming members of the angelic realm as a reward for their piousness and service.
As a matter of fact, Sandalphon is believed to mean co-brother, the twin angelic brother to Metatron. They are at opposite ends of the Tree of Life, Metatron at the top and Sandalphon at the bottom. Together they create balance and represent duality; coming and going, giving and receiving, masculine and feminine.
My previous post for this series, Getting to know the Archangels: Introduction, describes the process of drawing a card from Doreen Virtue’s Archangel Oracle Cards deck as the process for choosing which archangel we would get to know for each entry in this series.
If you did not read the introduction, you can do so by clicking here.
Meet the Archangel Sandalphon
Imagine, if you will, a presence of pure light and love. As this presence begins to move toward you and slowly begins to manifest into a solid and physical form, you feel an intense energetic sensation of gentleness, patience, love, and power.
This energy instantly fills you with a sense of calm and peace, security and safety.
You realize that nothing coming from this presence will be hidden from you nor harm you in any possible way.
You realize that honesty and integrity in their truest form are upon you and surround you.
In combination with the gentle, loving nature of the energy that emanates from this presence, you feel as though you can accomplish anything.
Bathed in this pure energy, you feel consumed by a desire to sing praises of love and worship to our Creator for the amazing life you have been given here on earth and for what awaits you in Heaven.
The loving and gentle presence begins to manifest into a complete human-like physical form. You may see a man carrying a staff, a wizard, a princess dressed in beautiful crystal blue colors, a man shrouded in the clothes of Jesus’ time, a tall angelic being, or many other possible forms.
Whatever physical form this presence takes fills you with a sense of love, joy, strength, empowerment, and the desire to celebrate life, the earth, and the Source of all things.
You have just met the Archangel Sandalphon.
The word that comes to mind to describe this Angel is “dreamy.” Like the boy in high school who was not only amazingly gorgeous but was also the biggest sweetheart, the guy you swear was perfect and who would make all the girls weak at the knees when he passed by.
This is the guy who was smart, popular, and exceptional in every way. He never engaged in fights but rather always had a way of putting those around him at ease. Everyone just likes him. He crosses the boundaries of every clique and befriends everyone he meets.
This is my imagery which may differ for you, but many of the sources I used for this article describe the presence of Archangel Sandalphon somewhat similarly to that of a gentle, loving father.
He has an energy of gentle, loving authority. A teacher, a parent, and a counselor all rolled into one outstanding presence. He makes it feel easy and safe to look at the deepest darkest parts of ourselves, to face our darkest emotions and fears so that we may release them.
He gives us the courage to take responsibility for ourselves and our actions and create necessary change in ourselves in order to follow our life’s path and grow spiritually according to our divine purpose.
The Archangel Sandalphon cares very deeply for the well-being of all of God’s children and for the planet earth and its inhabitants.
It is thought that his being human before ascending into the angelic realm was the reason God put him in charge of the well-being of the planet Earth and all who reside upon it.
As he cares so deeply, not just for the planet but also for us, he is the one who receives and delivers our prayers once they have reached Heaven.
He guides us to pray, and in the words and tone of our prayers, he assists us in manifesting our dreams and desires, processing our emotions in healthy ways, and being able to take responsibility for our actions, thoughts, and emotions.
He is also thought to be the archangel who helps determine the gender of babies prior to their birth. He is the archangel who rules over conception, pregnancy, birth, and parenting.
In Heaven, Archangel Sandalphon directs the music of Heaven, and as such, he is the angel to call upon for anything involving music or the performing arts, including playing an instrument, singing, and acting.
When you experience a song that pops into your head or plays on the radio and specifically answers a question you have, or any other divine message involving songs or music, you can be sure Archangel Sandalphon is with you.
With his roles both in Heaven and here on earth, the Archangel Sandalphon provides a link between Earth and Heaven both directly and within us. Moses, in an encounter with Archangel Sandalphon, described him as being very tall. He is tall enough to reach Heaven from the earth and is able to hear our prayers and deliver them to God simply by reaching up to Heaven.
He also creates a link between Heaven and Earth within our mind, body, and soul, helping us feel a strong and powerful connection to the divine within us. He may present himself to you as being much smaller in stature, as he will be sure not to cause you any undue fear or stress, but you can be sure if he does tower over you, it is because of his ability to connect your earthly presence to Heaven in many ways.
When to call upon Archangel Sandalphon:
- to assist in any musical endeavors
- to live with integrity
- to develop your spiritual gifts of prophecy, healing & manifestation
- to speak your truth openly
- to develop self-confidence
- to appreciate all the miracles and victories in your life
- to discover and fully develop your hidden talents, skills, and spiritual gifts
- to deliver and answer your prayers
- to teach you how to pray
- to manifest with the law of attraction
- to help with allowing yourself to receive
- to relax and be present ~ just as the stone turquoise can calm and slow your breathing and heart rate
- to process and understand deep emotions
- to assist with positive thinking
- to identify fears and blocks that are holding you back from co-creating the life you deserve
- to assist with self-forgiveness
- to strengthen your connection and relationship with the divine
- to assist with grounding
- to assist with environmental concerns and protective activities
- to assist you in being gentle and kind, yet powerful, in all situations.
Essential Oils to Help Connect with Archangel Sandalphon
Use the following essential oils to connect with Archangel Sandalphon and to enhance your work with this angel.
- Sandalwood: Use for grounding and deep meditative states. Also great for releasing negative thinking and easing emotional pain. Helps release fear and creates feelings of calmness and serenity.
- Frankincense: Use for deep meditation and prayer. Balance emotions and ease feelings of loneliness, grief, and frailty. Use daily to help combat physical, mental, and emotional stressors.
- Pine: Increase self-confidence and tap into your inner strengths, talents, and personal power. Helps create a sense of grounding and emotional balance while increasing energy so you can accomplish all your goals and dreams.
- Vetiver: Inspire feelings of calmness and relaxation. Use to ground and center you before bedtime and enjoy a great night’s sleep. Or use it during meditation, visualizations, and affirmations to increase effectiveness.
- Rose and Rose Synergy Blend: Induce feelings of comfort and uplift your spirit while also easing feelings of loneliness, grief, and depression. Brings about feelings of love, care, and comfort while providing harmony and balance to the body, mind, and spirit.
Other associations for Archangel Sandalphon
- Color: Turquoise, aquamarine, white
- Crystal: Turquoise
- Element: Earth
- Chakra: Earth Star ~ located just below the feet
- Astrological Sign: *Pisces ~ the artsy dreamer*
There is much more than just what I have presented here to learn about this amazing a
From here, it is up to you to learn as much as you desire and to form a relationship of your own with this a
So, I will leave you with how Doreen Virtue succinctly describes Sandalphon:
“Sandalphon’s gracious and powerfully gentle presence can support you in developing a closer connection to God and your spirituality. He will help you feel the love of the Divine and the security of knowing that you are watched over and cared for.”
Thank you so much, Sandalphon, for the work you have done and continue to do for the betterment of the earth and for each one of us! <3
Please leave any comments, including any experiences you have had with this archangel or any additional information you may have or come across about Archangel Sandalphon. As always… I’d love to hear what you have to say. 🙂
*The information regarding the associated Astrological sign was taken from Doreen Virtue’s Angel Therapy Website; however, many sources differ with this information.
Many thanks to the following references:
- Archangel Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue, published by Hay House, 2004
- http://www.angeltherapy.com/archangel-sandalphon *this page no longer exists
- http://www.goddessflight.com/angels/archangels.html#.VPkB4PnF8wQ http://www.wisdomsdoor.com/tol/malkuth.shtml
Recommended Angel Cards
These are my favorite cards for connecting with the Archangels. I personally use these decks regularly, and I love them.